Glen Rose Heating Contractor Offers Winter Heating Tips
Glen Rose Heating Contractor, Glenn-Aire, Offers Winter Heating Tips.
Many people become victims of broken or nonfunctional heating systems during the winter leaving them without service for multiple days. Do not let that happen to you! There are a lot of things you can do in order to better prepare yourself and your HVAC systems for the cooler months ahead. Here is just a few tips and tricks to help you stay warm:
- Give your HVAC systems a tune-up. Regular maintenance of your heating systems will help keep it in peak performance ensuring maximum efficiency and even lowering the costs of your heating bills.
- Replace the filter on your system. Dirty filters can wreak havoc on your systems leading to damaged units.
- Ensure the heating vents around the home are opened and unblocked by furniture or other items.
- Take advantage of the sun’s radiant heat by opening blinds around the house. You may be surprised at what a difference this can make on the warmth inside your home.
- Keep windows and doors closed in order to help prevent heat loss throughout your home.
- Allow ceiling fans to continue to run–in the opposite direction. Reversing the direction of the blades will help curb the problem of warm air rising by mixing the air.
- Try to avoid continually adjusting the thermostat. This is a very inefficient practice that can lead to higher energy costs. The exception to this is when you are expected to be away from the house for an extended period.
Follow our advice, and it will be much easier (and less costly!) to stay warm during this year’s winter. Want further advice? Call us at 817-326-5311.
Glen Rose Heating Contractor, Glenn-Aire was established in 1975 as a sole proprietorship by Glenn D. Cornelius & is located in Granbury, Hood County, Texas. The business has operated uninterrupted under the same name since originally formed. In March of 2005, after 30 years, Glenn decided to retire & turned over the helm to Jeff McKenzie.
For Collin County, TX A.C. repair, please visit Total Air.
For Hood County, TX A.C. repair, please visit Glenn-Aire Company.
For Fort Collins, CO A.C. repair, please visit Poudre Valley Air.