Granbury AC Repair Service shares tips for saving on heating costs
Granbury AC Repair Service Glenn-Aire shares tips for saving money on your heating costs.
With the temperature dropping energy costs are beginning to rise as families all across North Texas turn on their heating systems. We wanted to spend a moment today sharing with you a few tips on how you can shave money off your energy bills this winter.
- If you will be away from the home during the holidays, consider turning your thermostat to its lowest setting. Better yet, turn the heater off completely.
- Install a timer that automatically adjusts the temperature depending on what time of day it is.
- Lower the temperature a few degrees before going to bed. Your bed’s blankets should be enough to make up the difference, and the savings will continue to add up after multiple nights.
- Avoid constantly adjusting the thermostat. Adjusting the temperature four or five times a day is a waste of fuel.
- Keep windows closed in order to prevent cool air from coming in and warm air from escaping.
- Close the fireplace damper when not in use. Open dampers allow cool air inside.
- Open curtains and shades during the day in order to make use of the sun’s radiant heat. This alone should make a large difference in the warmth inside. Keep curtains and shades closed during the night to act as a barrier, trapping warm air indoors.
- Use caulk to seal around doors, windows, and vents.
Also, always remember to perform an annual tune-up on your heating system. Routine maintenance will help ensure peak performance from your system, and increased efficiency means lower costs. We can perform an inspection on your heating system by calling us at 817-326-5311.
Granbury AC Repair Service Glenn-Aire was established in 1975 as a sole proprietorship by Glenn D. Cornelius and is located in Granbury, Hood County , Texas . The business has operated uninterrupted under the same name since originally formed. In March of 2005, after 30 years, Glenn decided to retire and turned over the helm to Jeff McKenzie.